Rachel: (waitressing) Does anybody want anything else?
Ross: Oh, yeah, last week you had a wonderful, nutty, chocolaty kind of a cakey pie thing. (Rachel gives him a dirty look) Nothing, just, just, I'm fine.
Obviously, if I'm making a pie that I'm going to eat, and I have this little to work off of, I'm going to use Speculoos. I hope you know what Speculoos is. It's miraculous. If you don't have access to this European cinnamony cookie butter, use peanut butter! Oh I bet it would be great with peanut butter! Or really any nut butter of your choice. Or just with chocolate!
We're definitely going to start with a graham cracker crust taken to another level - made not with graham crackers, but with Speculoos cookies! Duh!
SPECULOOS COOKIE CRUST!
Step 3: Making the Speculoos chocolate mousse!
SPECULOOS CHOCOLATE MOUSSE!
SPECULOOS CHOCOLATE GANACHE!
- Speculoos cookie crust on the bottom
- A layer of candied pecans
- A pouffy layer of speculoos chocolate mousse
- Then - layer the rest of your candied pecans on top of the mousse (See picture above right)
- Lastly - pour the melted chocolate+speculoos over the top. It'll be a really thick layer!
- Stick that in the fridge for at least an hour!
And voila! It's so easy, right? And you end up with this beauty:
- What happened to Rachel's clothes in this episode ("The One with the East German Laundry Detergent")??
- Do you think Gunther knows what Speculoos is?