Annie: (looks over at Joey’s platter) Oh wow, are those stuffed clams?
Joey: Uhhh.. yes, they are my stuffed clams.
- See his seafood platter plate, with all those little fried somethings? They look clam-sized, not shrimp-sized. (I know you see the actual stuffed clam in the shell later, but he could have had clams a few ways!)
- What do you think Joey would like better, something stuffed, or something fried? Correct.
So, we're going to make fried clams. Much better idea, right? Who has food-grade seashells lying around?
FIRST, MAKE SEITAN
THEN, BREAD THE STRIPS
These turned out really well! They might not be salty enough for you, but that's what sauces are for. You can make a vegan tartar sauce by blending vegan mayo, mustard, pickle relish, and capers, or you can just use ketchup. Really, any kind of sauce works here. An amazing thing I might do tomorrow with the leftovers is to mix vegan mayo with sriracha and a drop of Frank's for a crazy spicy orange mayo like the type that comes with sushi rolls.
- Joey's favorite food is, of course, sandwiches. But what is his favorite kind of sandwich?
- In Monica and Chandler's storyline, they meet a woman at the adoption center who likes them. What does this woman think M & C do for a living?
- Extra credit: What Pulitzer-prize winning show featured a fantastic Annie Parisse?