Joey: (clearing his throat a lot) Ok, um, uh, we three feel like, that uh, sometimes you guys don't get that uh... (Pause) We don't have as much money as you.
Ross: I hear ya.
Chandler: We can talk about that.
Phoebe: Well, then...Let's.
Ross: Well umm I, I just never think of money as an issue.
Rachel: That's 'cause you have it.
Ross: That's a good point.
Chandler: Gee, Monica, what's in the bag?
Monica: I don't know, Chandler. Let's take a look.
Phoebe: Oh, it's like a skit.
Monica: Why, it's dinner for six. 5 steaks, and an eggplant for Phoebe.
Unfortunately, Monica ends up getting fired because she wasn't supposed to take the food from the new meat supplier. See? Meat ALWAYS CAUSES TROUBLE. Best to just avoid it completely.
Anyway, we won't get in trouble for having this food, so let's make some eggplant. And then we'll figure out what kind of steak/stake we want to work with. (Side note: I just thought of the most difficult Pictionary challenge ever: the kind of stakes that you mean when you say 'the stakes are high'. How do you picturize that!!!!)
- One eggplant, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 2T miso
- 1T tamari
- Boil the eggplant in about 1 inch of water, covered, for about 10 minutes, until soft.
- Drain the water as best you can, and add the tamari and miso. Stir and cook over medium-high heat for about 10-15 minutes, until everything is browning and infused with the goodness of Asian salt products.
Now for the five steaks...I think instead of whittling my own wooden stakes, I'm going to heat up some already made mandarin chicken pieces from Trader Joe's. They are like steak. Enough. And they are really good. They come in a close second to the Trader Joe's Chickenless Nuggets or whatever they are called, in the beige bag. Those are my favorite. Anyway. It's all good fake chicken.
- In another storyline, Chandler was pretending to be a man with a much deeper and dorkier voice when a 'hot-sounding woman' called. What was this man's name?
- Ross's birthday hoopla in this episode includes dinner, cake, and a concert to see what band?
- Who gives Monica a hickey?