Lastly, the KFT was another glorious sandwich on this wee menu. I LOVE tempeh, and I eat it just baked with no doctoring at all a lot which is objectively gross but I still love it, so I'm a bit biased about tempeh. I realize that not everyone loves it, and I think that despite the amazing flavors in this sandwich, it's still a big ole hunk of tempeh in the center, so if you aren't already a lover, you probs won't love this sandwich. However, if like me you love a big ole hunk of tempeh in your life, then this Korean fried tempeh sandwich with tomato, radish kimchee (I know), and sriracha thousand island dressing (I knowww) will be your new fave. I loved that it switched up the bread and instead of the harder cheesesteak roll of the other two, this was served on a softer burger roll. That dressing oh man, it was so good.
Overall, this place is amazing. These sandwiches, the steak, the CHEESE, lordy lord there's a reason Rich Landau is considered a magician sent from another realm to make eating vegan easier and more delicious than mere humans ever thought possible. The only draw, really, was that the young lady working was kindaaaa a b word to me and my peeps. We were the only people there when we arrived and I'm stupid nice to strangers so like what the heck lady? I thought maybe I was just too PINK and SMILEY but my trusted Philly food guru friend said she was mean to her too. Why so mean to us lady??!! You're surrounded by such lovely food!
Goldie got INCREDIBLY crowded at about 11:45am so prepare to take away instead of waiting for a table. It's a tiny little cute place but guess what, they do have a bathroom! And a nice one at that! Loving these new Philly lunch spots. Philly is the best.
MAKE YOUR OWN TAHINI MILKSHAKE
- 1/3 cup Ripple Pea Protein milk in vanilla
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 cup So Delicious Cashew Milk ice cream in Very Vanilla
- Trader Joe's new Coconut Whipped Cream - aka the GREATEST
- Blend the milk and tahini in a blender RG (real good). Seriously please blend these before adding the ice cream because that way you will not overblend and thus liquefy the ice cream and end up with a UK-style 'milkshake' which is a lie and is really just flavored milk DON'T DO IT milkshakes should be THICK.
- Add the ice cream and blend for as short a stint as possible.
- Pour into a glass. A pretty one!
- Add a good 5 second spray of the Coconut whip (after you've shot a good 10 second spray directly into your mouth) and mix through with a spoon. Then top with a whole lot more whip, like the whole can.
- VISIT PHILLY!!!